Awards and Recognition
FELLOW OF THE INDIAN SOCIETY OF COASTAL AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH
This award is bestowed on distinguished members of the Society for their outstanding contributions and dynamic leadership in Research & Planning for augmenting agricultural production in the coastal areas. The award comprises of a certificate, a citation and a memento. Nominations are invited from members of the society for the award. The nominated scientist should be a life member of the society for at least for five consecutive years. Nominations must be proposed and seconded by a member of the society. The nominations are scrutinized by a selection committee headed by the President of the Society and the award is generally conferred at the next Seminar/Symposium organized by the Society. Not more than two fellows shall be selected in a year.
FELLOWS OF THE SOCIETY
1. Late Dr. J. S. P. Yadav
2. Dr. S. B. Kadrekar
3. Dr. A. K. Bandyopadhyay
4. Dr. Mangala Rai
5. Dr. I. C. Mahapatra
6. Dr. K. Pradhan
7. Dr. H. S. Sen
8. Dr. S. Raman
9. Dr. I. V. Subba Rao
10. Dr. N. K. Tyagi
11. Dr. B. K. Bandyopadhyay
12. Dr. B. Gangwar
13. Dr. V. Rajagopal
14. Dr. G. G. Rao
15. Dr. S. Edison
16. Dr. I. K. Girdhar
17. Dr. Dipak Sarkar
18. Dr. S. Ghosal Chowdury
19. Dr. Vijay Mehta
20. Dr. S K Gupta
21. Dr. D. Burman
22. Dr. S. K. Ambast
23. Dr. Buddheswar Maji
24. Dr. D. K. Sharma
25. Dr. K. D. Patil
26. Dr. Somnath Roy Chowdhury
27. Dr. Sibnarayan Dam Roy
28. Dr. R. K. Singh
29. Dr. Jitendra Sundaray
DR. J.S.P. YADAV MEMORIAL LECTURE
The Society since 2016 has initiated “Dr. J.S.P. Yadav Memorial Lecture” in the memory of Padma Shri Late Dr. J.S.P. Yadav, an Eminent Soil Scientist. The Society invites Eminent Scientists who have contributed greatly to the research and developments in the area of Coastal Agriculture to deliver the lecture during the Symposium organized by the society.
LIST OF SPEAKERS
1. The 1st Dr. J.S.P. Yadav Memorial Lecture was delivered by Dr. H. S. Sen, Former Director, ICAR-Central Research Institute for Jute & Allied Fibres, Barrackpore, Kolkata, West Bengal on ‘Coastal Zones: Ecology and Climate Change Need Concerted Attention for Sustained Productivity’ during the 11th National Symposium held from January 14-17, 2016 at ICAR-Indian Institute of Water Management, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
2. The 2nd Dr. J. S. P. Yadav Memorial Lecture was delivered by Dr. N.K. Tyagi, Former Member, ASRB, New Delhi and Former Director, ICAR-CSSRI, Karnal, Haryana on “Towards a Green Deal for Coastal Ecosystem with Special Reference to Sundarbans under Climate Change” during the 12th National Symposium held from September 28 - October 1, 2018 at Dr. B. S. Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli, Maharashtra.
DR. J. S. P. YADAV BEST PAPER AWARD
The Indian Society of Coastal Agricultural Research (ISCAR) has introduced the "Dr. J. S. P. Yadav Best Paper Award" to the author(s) for the best research paper published in its journal. The quality of the paper including the originality of scientific information, innovation, field applicability, etc. will form the criteria for selection of the award. The best research paper will be selected by a panel of experts. The panel will be selected by the President of the Society and will be valid for two years. The final recommendation of the committee will be placed before the Executive Council for its approval. This award is for one paper only in every two years, published during the period, starting from 1993. A token cash amount will be awarded to one or a group of authors for one paper. In addition to the cash award, a certificate and a citation will be given to the awardee. The awardee will be requested to present the paper as a ‘Special Award Lecture' in the subsequent seminar/symposium to be organized by the Society.
LIST OF AWARDEES
1. During the 12th National Symposium, Dr. J. S. P. Yadav Best Paper Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Effect of Mulching and Irrigation Levels on Soil Temperature, Soil Moisture and Yield of Drip Irrigated Cauliflower’ authored by Davis Sibale, M. S. Mane, S. T. Patil, B. L. Ayare and V. S. Desai.
2. During the 11th National Symposium, Dr J. S. P. Yadav Best Paper Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Bulk soil electrical conductivity for coastal salt affected soils of West Bengal’ authored by U. K. Mandal, D. Burman, K. K. Mahanta, S. K. Sarangi, S. Mandal, B. Maji and B. K. Bandyopadhyay
3. During the 10th National Symposium, Dr J. S. P. Yadav Best Paper Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Reclamation of Coastal Waterlogged Wasteland through Biodrainage’ authored by S. K. Jena, N. Sahoo, S. Roy Chowdhury, R. K. Mohanty, D. K. Kundu, M. S. Behera, D. U. Patil and Ashwani Kumar.
4. During the 9th National Symposium, Dr J. S. P. Yadav Best Paper Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Land Shaping Techniques to Alleviate Salinity and Waterlogging Problems of Mon-cropped Coastal Lands for Multi-crop Cultivation’ authored by B. K. Bandyopadhyay, D. Burman, S. K. Sarangi, Subhasis Mandal and A. R. Bal.
DR. H. S. SEN BEST POSTER PRESENTATION AWARD
The award is given for the best poster presentation at the Seminar/Symposium of the Society. A committee is nominated during the seminar to go through the poster presentations at that seminar and select the best poster presentation. The award carries a certificate, a citation and token cash award. The award is conferred at the plenary session of the seminar.
LIST OF AWARDEES
1. During the 12th National Symposium, the Dr. H. S. Sen Best Poster Presentation Award was awarded to the paper titled ‘Seasonal variation of green seaweeds (Chlorophyta) from the Undi coastal area of Ratnagiri, Maharashtra’ by A. D. Adsul, P. S. Shelar, M. M. Shinde, A. A. Shelke, S. T. Indulkar and M. S. Sawant.
2. During the 11th National Symposium, the Dr H. S. Sen Best Poster Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Performance study of a low cost manually operated seed drill for sowing of jute’ by R. K. Naik, A. K. Ghorai, S. K. Jha and S. Sarkar.
3. During the 10th National Symposium, Dr H. S. Sen Best Poster Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Salt tolerance of bacteria isolated from the rhizosphere soil of halophytes and other salt tolerant plant species from coastal Gujarat’ by Riddhi M. Mehta, Sanjay Arora and Meghna J. Vanza.
4. During the 9th National Symposium Dr H. S. Sen Best Poster Award was conferred to the paper titled ‘Nutrient management in rice-lentil-sesame cropping system for sustainable productivity in coastal agro-climatic zone of West Bengal’ by K. Brahmachari, G. Saha, S. Roychoudhury, S. Dutta, P.Ghosh and S. Karmakar.
ISCAR BEST PAPER PRESENTATION AWARD FOR EARLY CAREER RESEARCHERS
The Society confers best paper presentation award to early career researchers (below 40 years) during the Symposium. The candidate has to submit a brief resume with date of birth and willingness to compete for the award along with the research paper. The researcher intending for the award must be first author of the paper and it should be based on original research work and not submitted anywhere for publication. Based on the quality of the paper and relevance to the Society’s mandate, the selected researchers as recommended by evaluation committee as constituted by the Society will be invited for presentation during Symposium.
LIST OF AWARDEES
1. During the 11th National Symposium, the ISCAR Best Paper Presentation Award for Early Career Researcher Award was conferred to R. Renuka for the paper titled ‘Investigation of salinity tolerance mechanisms in the halophytes, Clerodendrum inerme’ co-authored with N. D. Pawar, S. R. Datta, V. R. Revathy and M. Raveendran.
Distinguished members of the Society who have helped the Society by their sustained and excellent services and hard work are felicitated by the Society from time to time to honour them. The award carries a certificate, a citation and a memento. The award is generally conferred on the selected member at the next Seminar/Symposium of the Society.
Mr. S. K. Dutt, Former Principal Scientist, ICAR-CSSRI, RRS, Canning Town, West Bengal and Member, Executive Council, ISCAR